1 or 2 days
There’s a revolution sweeping the software product development world: agile methods. Many Product Managers (sometimes called the Business Owner of the system, for internal systems) and development teams in Silicon Valley have been applying these practices for years, and they are now spreading worldwide, from London to Los Angeles.
In Scrum, the most popular agile method, a key role is Product Owner. This is a product management role with specific responsibilities in Scrum. In this practical, information-and-tips-packed seminar you will learn the key research, ideas, and practices of agile development, aimed at Product Managers and the Scrum Product Owner.
The 2-day version is recommended; we spend more in-depth time on exercises and topics.
Methods of Education
Discussion, presentation, Q&A, workshop exercises
Those involved in product management
- Act as an effective Product Owner in Scrum
- Know and participate in the Scrum events
- Create and evolve the Product Backlog and Release Burndown chart
- Prioritize the Product Backlog
- Why is the Product Manager role so central to agile methods and what will you do that’s new?
- How do you do evolutionary requirements?
- What is a Product Backlog? How to create and manage it?
- What do you pick for the next iteration of development?
- How do you participate in planning a development iteration?
- Motivation, Evidence, Cases
- Agile and Iterative Methods
- Agile Methods
- The Engaged Product Manager/Business Owner on Agile Projects
- Fixed-Price, Fixed Time, Fixed Scope: Can You Have Your Cake and Eat it Too?
- Creating the Product Backlog
- Creating the Iteration Backlog
- Your role in the Iteration Review
- Helping the development team
- Product Backlog grooming
- Estimation, Release Planning and Scheduling Iterative Projects
- Adaptive Iterative Planning
- Tracking Progress on Agile Projects
- Your Role at the Iteration Demo
- Evolutionary Requirements Analysis
- Documentation on Iterative Projects
- Your Role in Defining Automated Acceptance Tests
- Frequently Asked Questions
24 (if 1 day); 30 (if 2 days)
Environment - Room, Tools, Texts
Read this: Course Environment - Workshop Style1
Text and Notes
- There is a course PDF for the presentations. We may decide to give the students a file copy to view on a laptop or a paper copy, depending on situation.