Difference between revisions of "Agile and Iterative Management Practices: An Introduction"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 08:44, 21 March 2008
This practical, hands-on workshop helps you master the skills in applying agile and iterative methods, including Scrum – the most popular agile method worldwide. And it summarizes the key research and concepts. It is aimed at people who need an introduction to the core management practices to succeed with agile methods.
This workshop covers key concepts of agile methods, and the roles, artifacts, and events of Scrum. You will learn estimation and planning. The time involves many hands-on exercises and simulation games aimed at helping you master these skills.
You will leave grounded in the core agile values and principles that guide these practices.
Methods of Education
- Evidence, history, and case studies
- Agile and iterative values and practices
- Key practices and values of Scrum (a very popular approach), and other agile methods
- Scrum: Roles, Events, Artifacts
- New management skills -- from estimation to scheduling
- Myths and misconceptions
- Continuous product development with iterative methods
- Testing and build practices in agile development
- Estimation, release planning and scheduling
- Tracking progress