Course Environment - Workshop Style1
Craig Larman, email@example.com
Room, Walls, Whiteboards
- People will be organized into table-teams, averaging 5 people per team. Thus, we need Num/People tables; e.g., 6 or 7 tables if 35 people. The tables are ideally in separate islands, circular or square, with a team at each.
- Don’t make it a crowded room; there are a number of activities/exercises that involve the teams moving around.
- There are several wall activities/exercises, involving flip chart paper or PostIt Note layouts; each team needs some unencumbered clear wall space for this. To be clear: There must be lots of clear empty wall space, and we must be able to use the walls, and put things on the walls.
Supplies for the Coach/Speaker
Read this: Supplies - for Coach Use
Supplies for Each Table of Participants
Per Team-Table (e.g., of 5 people):
- 2 packages of 3x5 inch Yellow-only Post-It notes
- 5 BLACK "Sharpie" style small fine-tipped black marker pens
- 2 BLACK WHITEBOARD marker pens
- Round tables are ideal, but we can live with rectangular layouts
- Tables should not be against the walls; we are using the walls as a working area in this course.
- Distribute the tables throughout the room
Computers, Software and Networking
- Internet access for the coach; it is not needed for the participants